The man behind the hype: UIndy Football videographer Zack Pasley

For the past 12 years, videographer Zack Pasley has filmed every football game at the University of Indianapolis. His videography work showcases highlights from every game on the team’s social media accounts through edited footage he shoots himself. Pasley said his videos are made to be “UIndy friendly” and promote the players and program. 

“The goal was always for these videos to be where a grandparent could be holding a kindergarten kid and they could both be enjoying these videos together,” Pasley said.

Pasley has also been with the Greyhound Club ever since he started working with the team, and has always been very involved he said. According to Pasley, he has also been the announcer during games as he follows the players to catch footage of good plays. He said he feels like part of the team and is close with the coaches and players. 

“They get a kick out of it because I try to make them look good. I want them to share it. I want them to send links off to their friends and families. I love seeing retweets off of Twitter,” Pasley said. “They know what I’m trying to do is [to] just be a nice guy, and try to make the university better because they’ve been good to me.”

Photo by Jacob Walton Zach Pasley at University of Indianapolis Football game on April 17. Before that game Pasley was responsible for announcing the seniors info for senior day festivities. Pasley has been filming and producing videos for UIndy Football for the past 12 seasons.

Pasley’s favorite part of working with the team is the friendships he has found. While Pasley’s career is in medical sales, he remains committed to UIndy’s football team because of the exciting atmosphere each game holds. Pasley said he thinks everyone needs to get their satisfaction from somewhere, and football videography is a fulfilling hobby where he finds exactly that. 

“I’ve enjoyed the commitment and the friendship, but I’ve also enjoyed taking that winning atmosphere to my personal life. [Former Football Head] Coach [Bob] Bartolomeo always said ‘Winning is fun’. I started saying that a lot at my work now, and I mean it,” Pasley said.

Head Football Coach Chris Keevers said Pasley’s highlight tapes motivate players and help sell a winning program. Keevers said the team is happy to have Pasley as their videographer, so they let him get as close to the games as possible with cameras and drones. 

“There’s a relationship there, and he really helps us win,” Keevers said. “Those videos he produces, and things he does for our football team, help with our kids. Our kids love it, but also it helps with recruiting which is the lifeblood of our program.” 

Keevers said even in losses, there are highlights to be recorded, and he believes Pasley can create a good video out of anything because he knows what he is trying to accomplish. He said UIndy football’s relationship with Pasley is unique because of his desire to create a good lasting image for the team. 

Pasley said he has watched the team grow and improve throughout his years working with UIndy and has no plans to leave. He said the university’s fun atmosphere and winning tradition always produces more fans and bigger games, and he has seen dramatically positive changes come with this. 

“My heart is right there with those guys,” Pasley said. “They adopted me, where I earned the right to be a part of it.”