Post Malone: “Hollywood’s Bleeding” Review

When Post Malone first became famous, I was never really into his music. My friends would talk about how much they loved his songs, but I never gave it a chance. However, when his last album “Beerbongs and Bentleys” came out in November 2018, I was upset that I never did give him a chance. So, when he announced that he was coming out with another album not even a year later, I was ecstatic. His new album,“Hollywood’s Bleeding” came out Sept. 6 and includes17 songs, with features from a wide variety of artists.

Before the entire album was released, Post Malone blessed us with a few singles throughout the year. The first song, which was undeniably a hit, is called “Sunflower” which was released in 2018. “Sunflower” feat. Swae Lee was actually made for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse movie soundtrack,  and is something I still listen to quite often considering how long it’s been out. Sunflower is just a feel good, upbeat song that I can listen to anywhere.

The next few songs that he released prior to the album release  were titled “Goodbyes” feat. Young Thug, “Wow.” and “Circles.” In my opinion, all of these songs became popular really fast.

Six out of the 17 songs feature multiple other artists like DaBaby, Future & Halsey, Meek Mill, and even one with Travis Scott and Ozzy Osbourne. The song with Scott and Osbourne was another one of my favorites on the album because Osbourne added a different sound and overall vibe.

I will admit, I am a little bias when it comes to Post Malone and will always think anything he does is great. While I did enjoy all of the singles, the rest of the album didn’t impress me as much as I thought it would. “Hollywood’s Bleeding” has 17 songs, but I’m only into about 7 of them, whereas I could listen to all the songs on his last album.