YG: My Krazy Life

If you look at the rap music industry right now, you would think that it is being taken over by rappers from the West Coast. In the past year, we have seen rappers such as Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore and Schoolboy Q make their names well known to all. Now there is another rapper from that region who is beginning to make a name for himself, as well. And his name is YG.

YG’s debut album, “My Krazy Life,” is, to me, just another typical album with average beats and lyrics. Yet despite some of the album’s mediocrity, it does make up for that with a few quality singles that currently occupy the top of the music charts. Some of those singles include “My Hitta,” which has been extremely popular among many rap music listeners and even has a remix at the end of the album featuring popular artists Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj. The other single, which is my personal favorite, is “Who Do You Love?” featuring Drake. Not to steal any of YG’s thunder, Drake makes this song much better with his verses, which is typical of any song that the Toronto native contributes to. Overall, I would say that this album is average, but YG sure did establish his name in the industry with this pair of popular singles.

If you like this, listen to: “B.O.A.T.S. II #METIME” by 2 Chainz