MILE SQUARE BISTRO

mile-square-bistro-restaurant-review

If you are looking for a new brunch option that bypasses a basic omelette and toast, Mile Square Bistro is the perfect place to try out a new dish. Before visiting, I truly thought that I had tried all that Indy had to offer in terms of brunch. I had not  heard about this restaurant before, which is only minutes away from the UIndy campus in the middle of downtown. My mom, who is my go-to brunch partner, and I were excited to see gourmet options on the menu. Even though the menu is not extensive, everything sounded delicious, and each item had an interesting spin on it that I had not seen done before. On the front side were breakfast items such as veggie frittatas, pancake stacks, omelettes and other breakfast favorites with a hint of personality from the chef.  On the flip side, lunch items were offered such as shrimp and grits,  sandwiches and salads. I ordered the beet salad, which contained oranges, goat cheese, avocado and chicken and was topped with a lemon vinaigrette. It was one of the best salads I have ever had.  The chicken was perfectly grilled and juicy, and the beets were extremely fresh. We went at about noon on a Wednesday, and we were with only a few customers inside, and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The only disappointment at Mile Square was the check. After paying to park, our salads, a coffee and a tip, the trip came out to around $40 for the two of us. Ouch! Despite the big bill for a simple lunch date with my mom, we are excited to go back and try all of the delicious looking items on the menu, even if we break the bank a little.

443 N PENNSYLVANIA AVE.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204

5-stars