YOU ARE THE POTTER

edit-img_3045

Conveniently located next to the Greenwood Park Mall, You Are The Potter is a pottery-painting store that is fun for all ages. As I walked into the busy studio on a Saturday afternoon, the employees greeted me with warm welcomes and smiling faces. The staff was very friendly and attentive, to answering any questions that I had and also suppling a list of helpful tips for painting. The price for the pottery ranged from $6 to $70, along with a studio fee that is half the price of the piece. The studio fee includes paint, paint brushes, stamps, stencils, idea books, glazing and firing. I chose to paint a bowl for $15 with a studio fee of $7.50. The studio had a nice variety of paints to choose from, but I ended up picking a pastel purple and blue for the base color and design of my bowl. I spent three hours painting that day, but it was such a blast that it felt like only one. Being the perfectionist that I am, I couldn’t even finish in time before the shop closed, so the employees actually let me come back the next day free of charge. After you finish perfecting your piece, you leave it with the employees for a week so they can glaze and fire it. If the piece happens to crack or break in the kiln, they even let you paint a new piece for free. I absolutely cannot wait to see how my bowl turns out. Even if you think you have no artistic ability at all, I highly recommend going to You Are The Potter. The friendly staff will make sure to help you every step of the way.