VICTORY FIELD

Spending an evening at Victory Field never seems to let me down. Going to an Indianapolis Indians game is an event everyone can enjoy. The Indians opened their first home game with a win against the Columbus Clippers on April 14. The night was full of family-friendly events and games played throughout the innings. Governor Mike Pence made an appearance to welcome the crowd and Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett threw out the ceremonial first pitch along with Pence. The Indianapolis Indians always seem to have such a family-friendly atmosphere and parents never have to worry about their child becoming bored before the game starts. There are many activities for kids of all ages to enjoy, even college kids. As I mentioned before, between innings, the crowd was encouraged to participate in the many activities, which included everything from showing off their guns for the muscle cam to kids showing off their crazy dance moves as the dance cam found them in the stands. And of course the kiss cam makes us all believe that baseball and love go hand-in-hand. My favorite part of the game was after the sun had set and it was getting colder outside. I grabbed my blanket and curled up in it to stay warm for the remainder of the game.  From this moment on, watching the Indians bring home a win and watching the fireworks was just a great ending to my night. I strongly suggest taking a trip to Victory Field.

Entertainment_reviews