News Brief: Schwitzer Alarm

Published: Last Updated on

Schwitzer Student Center was evacuated around 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 6. An air conditioning belt broke in an air conditioning unit on the side of the building, causing an odor of burning rubber. According to Vice President for Student and Campus Affairs and Dean of Students Kory Vitangeli, at the time, no one knew what was causing the smell, so a nearby police officer ordered the building to be evacuated. No injuries were reported, but an engine and ambulance responded from the Indianapolis Fire Department in response to the unscheduled alarm.

Recommended for You