’90s Throwback Movie Review: Jurassic Park (1993)

The staff of The Reflector thought about our favorite entertainment from the 1990s and decided to review them. We just had one rule: They could only review what they hadn’t already seen, heard or read.

jurassic-park-movieam slightly ashamed to admit that after watching its sequel, “Jurassic World,” I have finally watched “Jurassic Park.” I think it is one of the best movies ever made.

First off, the concept of the movie is absolutely brilliant. Of all the science fiction movies ever made, this one is, without a doubt, the best.  I love dinosaurs and I love sci-fi films. So, putting the two together was pure genius.

I’ve always put off watching the movie because, let’s be honest, the majority of the acting and special effects in movies throughout the ’90s are not as good in comparison to movies today.  After watching “Jurassic World,” I didn’t think that the original would compare. But after watching “Jurassic Park, Chris Pratt is nothing compared to Sam Neill.

I was amazed with the CGI and animatronics that were in the movie. It is astonishing that they achieved such realistic dinosaurs in the ’90s. If Steven Spielberg hadn’t put the time into making the dinosaurs as authentic as they were, I don’t think the movie would be as successful as it is. The dinosaurs are what made the movie a classic. This is one movie that will age with time and always be good.

The only thing that I disliked about this movie is how long it took for me to watch it.

5-stars