VANCE JOY “NATION OF TWO” ALBUM

vance-joyVance Joy’s music never fails to put me in good mood. The Australian singer/songwriter takes his romantic love songs and turns them into poetry that molds into pop music.

The album cover of “Nation of Two” consists of two people lying down next to each other, which symbolizes the name of the album. In my opinion, the cover is very subtle, but sends a message of unity. It shows two people,  united as one. I discovered Vance Joy a few months ago, so when I heard he was coming out with a new album, I was beyond excited to listen to it.

The great thing about this album was that each and every song from this album was fantastic, from start to finish.

“Call If You Need Me”  is the first song on the album and starts off with slow acoustics then gets faster as the lyrics come into play.

The next song that I really enjoyed was “Saturday Sun,” which immediately put me in a good mood because it was so upbeat.

My favorite song from the whole album had to be “Lay It All On Me.” The song starts off with guitar acoustics, drums and later, a tambourine. I really appreciated the lyrics and the overall vibe of the song that made me want to listen to it multiple times.

Each song from the album tells a different romantic story. Joy writes all of his songs from the heart, in which any listener can relate to.

This album is perfect to listen to while doing homework, getting ready, or going on a drive.  I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the Alternative music genre.

Listening to this album relaxed me, which makes it something I want to listen to all the time. Overall, this has been one of my all time favorite albums. After listening to “Nation of  Two,” Vance has turned into one of my new favorite artists and I will definitely be listening to him in the future.

CHECK OUT THIS ALBUM IF YOU LIKED:
“HARLEQUIN DREAM” BY 

BOY & BEAR

5-stars