UPDATED: INDOT to close several Marion County roads this weekend for road work

UPDATE: June 14 | 1:55 p.m.

Five projects will be working simultaneously in Marion County throughout the weekend and the Indiana Department of Transportation is advising to leave early and drive cautiously.

Drivers should plan extra time to drive to their destination and watch for slow traffic in construction zones, INDOT said in a traffic alert.

The Indiana Department of transportation has changed the weekend’s road work schedule due to a forecast of rain. The road work on I-465 westbound from Fall Creek to White River and the work on I-65 northbound from Little Eagle Creek to Lafayette Road will no longer be scheduled for this weekend.

INDOT will be working on I-465 southbound from White River to Pendleton Pike and the I-865 eastbound to I-465 eastbound ramp instead.

These projects are part of an initiative by Gov. Eric Holcomb to improve quality of life for Hoosiers and Indiana’s economic competitiveness. More than $30 billion will be invested over the next 20 years to improve the conditions of existing roads and bridges across Indiana.

INDOT Projects (UPDATED)

FULL CLOSURE on I-65 northbound from I-465 to I-865

• Closure will run from June 14 at 9 p.m. until July 1.

FULL CLOSURE on I-70 eastbound from I-465 to South Split (East Side)

• Closure will run from June 14 at 9 p.m. until June 17 at 6 a.m.

I-65 northbound from Southport Road to I-465

• The right three lanes and on-ramps from Southport Road to I-65 northbound will be closed from June 14 at 9 p.m. to June 17 at 6 a.m.

I-465 southbound from White River to Pendleton Pike

• The left two lanes will be closed from June 14 at 7 p.m. to June 17 at 6 a.m.

I-465 southbound from Michigan Road to I-65 interchange

• Only the right lane will be open from June 14 at 8 p.m. to June 17 at 7 a.m.

RAMP CLOSURE: I-865 eastbound to I-465 eastbound

• Ramp closed from June 14 at 9 p.m. until June 15 at 8 a.m.

NOTE: A previous version of this article included INDOT’s original schedule for the road work. This article has since been updated to include the new schedule.