BURGERFUEL

burgerfuel

BurgerFuel is a gourmet burger restaurant that uses fresh, natural ingredients. BurgerFuel began in New Zealand and their first location in the U.S. opened in Broad Ripple. The fact that it is from New Zealand was exciting to me because my family is from there, so I couldn’t wait to try it. I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly and greeted me and my boyfriend as we walked in. Since we had never eaten there, they explained the menu and a little bit about the restaurant. We sat down and pored over their menu, which offered enough variety that we had a tough time deciding.  They offer beef, chicken and veggie burgers, all of which looked fantastic.

I decided on the Third Pounder with Cheese, which had cheese, pickles, Dijon mustard, tomato relish and aioli, and from the first bite I was in love. I hate pickles but I decided to keep them on the burger, and, honestly, I’m glad I did. I definitely wouldn’t remove any topping from a BurgerFuel burger, no mater how odd. The pickles added to the already delicious burger. My boyfriend got the Bastard, which had cheese, bacon, avocado, beetroot, papaya, tomato relish, aioli and lettuce. Papaya and beetroot sound a little odd to be on a burger, but it was great. He said the Bastard was amazing and “all of the weird stuff actually worked well together.”  The burgers were juicy and everything tasted fresh. It was honestly one of the best burgers I’ve had in a long time. We also got sweet potato fries and Motobites, made of pumpkin, carrot, chickpea and ginger. Both were fantastic.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was industrial yet clean. There was plenty of outdoor seating, but the inside felt a little small since it’s too cold to sit outside. Honestly, that was the only thing I didn’t like about the experience.

I’m excited to go back to BurgerFuel and try some of their other offerings. I look forward to going back and sitting outside when it is warmer. I would definitely recommend BurgerFuel, especially  fans of delicious burgers and burger alternatives.

6320 Guilford Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46220

4_5-stars