No excuses allowed

At some point in time, everyone has something going on in his or her life. People are very busy. When you use “I’m busy” as a reason not to do something, people start to get upset. It’s an easy excuse to use to get out of hanging out with friends, not doing an assignment or not meeting a deadline. After a while, you can’t use that anymore, and there is no reason for it. Everyone is busy, but it’s up to you to set your priorities.  Most of the time when we say that we’re “busy,” we aren’t. We slack off, don’t do what needs to be done and waste time. We need to stop making excuses.

We can get so caught up in life that we forget to take advantage of living. It’s OK to be busy, but it’s not okay to use that as an excuse to why you can’t accomplish something. Instead of saying “I’m too busy” all the time to a friend, just tell the person that you don’t want to hang out, it will help you and that person out in the long run. Also, instead of telling a coworker “I’m too busy” to meet that deadline, when you aren’t at all, just do it. It helps you and the company.

When you stop using excuses, you start creating a better life for yourself. You enjoy life more and more opportunities come your way. I have become busy recently, but I manage my time and I get things done, all while I still have time to hang out with friends.

I’m not going to lie, it can be very stressful trying to manage one’s time and not waste any, but it is worth it. When you actually start to do your work and meet the deadlines, you become more responsible and all that you have accomplished feels very rewarding.

To get things done, you have to find what helps you best. I have to write down a list of the things I need to get done for each day, once I finish them, I cross it out with a highlighter.

This helps me know what I have to get these done by a certain time and the highlighter sticks out to me that I have accomplished a certain thing. Being busy is very stressful, but there is no excuse for using that to get out of something. Everyone is busy and everyone has to prioritize and figure out what is the most important.

The best way to stay on top of things is to practice good time management. Whether you keep track of everything you do on your phone’s calender, or if you list your weekly schedule on a poster board in your room, knowing what to do and when you should do it is important for not being overwhelmed by how busy you are.

It’s up to you to figure out what’s important. You cannot blow everything off. Take it from me, when I don’t get something done, I feel really bad and have a lot of regret.

Don’t live like that and have regrets about things. It’s okay to be busy, but every once in a while you need a break, just not too long. So do not feel bad if you take a day to just relax and watch Netflix. Remember that stress is a killer.

You have to remember why you’re here and realize that you have to accomplish things to help you succeed later in life. Saying you’re “busy” is not reason to not do something, it’s an excuse to get out of it.

Everyone is busy and has something going on. After reading this article, you can no longer use “I’m busy” as an excuse.